30th Jan 2023
RAL & RAL(M) competitions - new RAL rules for 2023
The rules for RAL competition for 2023 have been amended, the main change being that the RAL will now be a triples competition and not fours. The RALM remains unchanged. The reason for the change is that due to ever shrinking memberships, most clubs (our included), struggle to turn out 8 players at times. The new rules as issued by the RAL competition secretary are noted below. Please acquaint yourself of them before the season starts.
Redbridge Afternoon League Rules 2023
- All men’s matches to be played as a 2 rink 3 wood triples.
- The mixed league will be played as 2 full rinks.
- Where a match has been arranged between 2 clubs prior to the season starting and on the date in question the match is unable to be played for any reason, the two clubs as a first step should try to re-arrange.
- If the reason for a game not being played is that the club can only field 5 players, one lady may play to make up the two rinks.
- If a club cannot field 6 players, then a 1 rink fixture may be played. In the mixed league, if a club can field a triple to play a four, it would lose 25% off the score in that rink.
- In the event of rule 5, the club who could field a full team will get 2 points and 5 shots for the rink not played, and the match will be played for the usual points tally of 2 points for a win and 2 points for the overall.
- If a fixture cannot be played, the club that could have played will receive 3 points and the default club will lose 3 points.
- Match fees will remain at £1.00.
- The Men’s league must be completed by the 15th of August and the Mixed league by the end of the season.
- In the Mixed League each rink must consist of at least one man or one lady for the game to be valid.
- The Men’s Final will be played at the end of August
Subscribe to our news
Sign up to get notified when we post a new article!